SEN Teacher - Romford
- Primary SEN Teacher
- Outstanding School - OfSTED
- Friendly team
- ASAP Start
- Long term to Permanent opportunity
This successful Primary SEN School is seeking to appoint an excellent and experienced SEN Teacher for a post starting ASAP, due to one of their teachers having to leave the country and therefore resign at short notice.
You will teach a class with students in Key Stage 1/2 with various needs including Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, Epilepsy and Down Syndrome. There are 3 experienced and friendly LSAs supporting the class and excellent preparation and planning has already been done for the Autumn term.
Many of the students are non-verbal so alternative communication systems are used such as PECs.
You will deliver a sensory based curriculum to develop students basic skills in Maths and English, Fine Motor Skills and with a focus on Communication and Interaction.
This Romford based School offers state of the art purpose built facilities accessible to all students with complex needs including;
- Hydrotherapy pool with sensory environment.
- Specially adapted and equipped science, art, music and technology rooms.
- Soft Play room.
- A Sensory room.
- Specially equipped playground.
- Two minibuses for use in the community.
The Ideal Teacher
The Head is looking for a Teacher who is flexible, adaptable, positive and passionate. Ideally the Teacher will have some experience teaching Special Needs - weather that's within an SEN setting or throughout mainstream. The chosen Teacher will be a good leader - able to take charge of the class team and lead activities as well as completing all supporting paperwork and assessment.
Why you should apply for this role
- This is a fantastic School, highly sought after and with low turnover of staff
- You will be working within a friendly and upbeat team where staff and SLT genuinely care about each other
- This is rewarding work to teach and see the progress of students with complex special needs
- You will be re-numerated well and fairly on a daily rate
- A permanent contract is on offer
- Working with a reliable and approachable consultant with Reeson Education
Apply now for this SEN Teacher position in Romford
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%