- Primary Class - SLD and Autism
- Outstanding SEN School (OfSTED)
- Location - Newham, East London
- £160 - £200 daily rate
- Permanent contract available
- Exceptional Induction and Continuous in house CPD training, supportive SLT
- Start date after October half term: November 1st
Are you an experienced Primary or SEN Teacher who is seeking a new opportunity in a special needs environment?
Do you want to work in a truly outstanding school which boasts exceptional facilities, highly organised teams and exemplary systems?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with children with SLD (Severe Learning Disabilities) and ASD (Autism)?
This is a primary SEN school in Newnham rated "Outstanding" by OfSTED. It caters for 135 pupils aged 3-11 years with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay.
The school is based in an outstanding purpose built facility and is run by highly trained, collaborative, enthusiastic and committed staff. This combination enables them to provide the specialised individual programmes required by its pupils. Along with teaching and classroom support staff, the school is supported by a multi-agency team of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy colleagues, teachers for pupils with vision and hearing impairments and nursing staff. Teamwork between all professionals has been an essential aspect of the success of the school.
As a Class based Teacher in this School you will plan, develop, and coordinate individual curriculum programmes for students with SLD and Autism in your class. You will implement whole class and group learning activities and continuously assess pupils progress their their specific learning goals. You will work in collaboration with a team of highly skilled Teaching Assistants to deliver outstanding learning opportunities. You will be expected to provide a sensory programme, integrating the physical, academic, social and emotional needs of each individual student.
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Previous experience of teaching students with needs, including ASD / Autism, Moderate or Severe Learning Difficulties (MLD, SLD)
- Strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum
- Be able to plan effective and inspiring learning sessions that are multi-sensory and differentiated to meet each child's individual needs
- Be aware of safeguarding procedures and follow best practise procedures
- Be honest, hard-working, reliable and punctual
- Manage the in class team effectively, directing activity and relaying and disseminating information from the SLT to your TAs
- Have the ability to develop rapport with children with complex autism and other related needs
- Be a creative playful, patient, calm and fun presence in the classroom
- Have a clear focus on getting the best learning and pastoral outcomes for children with SEN
- Deal with the physical challenges of the job (occasional running and physical interventions)
- Have experience of Attention! Autism, Intensive Interaction, Team Teach would be advantageous but not essential.
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills, experience and attitude to hit the ground running in this fantastic school then I'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 3841 0777
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Professional support from our expert team of SEN consultants.
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free online CPD courses.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%