SEN Teacher - English Subject Lead
* Independent Special Needs School
* Attractive salary based upon experience
* Position to commence February 2020
* Secondary SEN School for Autism
* London Borough of Newham
* Long term to Permanent Post
* MPS - UPS + SEN Points
Do you have a specialism and passion for English?
Are you a quick learner who can adapt your teaching to suit the needs of your children?
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of young people with Autism?
THE SCHOOL & JOB
I am seeking to appoint a Secondary SEN Teacher - English Subject Lead for an outstanding independent special needs school in Newham that caters to students between the ages of 11 and 19, who have an autistic spectrum disorder. The school has an exceptional reputation and fantastic facilities. They believe strongly that a rounded, engaging education that stretches students leads to successful learning and enables their pupils to achieve their potential and live independent, fruitful and rounded lives. This success is achieved through positive experiences and as a result all staff strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person.
I am looking for a talented teacher of English to join the school's friendly, cohesive and collegial team. This is an exciting time to be joining as they are going through a period of expansion due to soaring popularity with parents leading to significant over-subscription. As a result they are extending both their secondary school and Post 16 provisions and enlarging their English department.
The school provides a full Autism Training Programme to supplement skills and you will have the benefit of working alongside our experienced in-house multidisciplinary team of therapists, including speech & language therapists, occupational therapists and assistant psychologists.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, this could be the perfect place to take the next exciting step in your journey!
The opportunity for progression to an Assistant Head position will be available for any suitably qualified and experienced applicants.
If you are:
* A good / outstanding Teacher of English with QTS
* Able to teach the Secondary Curriculum across KS 3 and KS 4 including Entry Level and GCSE qualifications
* Experienced in and passionate about working with pupils who have autism
* Effective at coaching and mentoring
* Enthusiastic, dedicated and resilient
* Committed to raising standards and improving pupil's life chances to achieve their potential
* An experienced leader who inspires colleagues and holds them to account
* A flexible team player
* Committed to continuing professional development
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
* An outstanding and inspirational teacher possessing QTS and SEN experience
* Fully committed to raising standards in Teaching and Learning
* You will have an in-depth knowledge of the current secondary English curriculum to GCSE level
* Experience working with pupils who have an autism spectrum disorder or social communication difficulties.
* Experienced in approaches that are known to be successful for learners with autism
* Familiar with a total communication approach to supporting students.
WHY THIS JOB?
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Our private Health Care Plan
* Access to our childcare voucher scheme.
* A relocation package if required
* Opportunities for extensive CPD
We look forward to recieving your application.