THE SCHOOL & JOB
I am seeking to appoint a Secondary SEN Teacher - English Subject Lead for an outstanding special needs school in North London that caters to students between the ages of 11 and 19, who have an autistic spectrum disorder. The school has an exceptional reputation and fantastic facilities. They believe strongly that a rounded, engaging education that stretches students leads to successful learning and enables their pupils to achieve their potential and live independent, fruitful and rounded lives. This success is achieved through positive experiences and as a result all staff strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person.
I am looking for a talented teacher of English to join the school's friendly, cohesive and collegial team. This is an exciting time to be joining as they are going through a period of expansion due to soaring popularity with parents leading to significant over-subscription. As a result they are extending both their secondary school and Post 16 provisions and enlarging their English department.
The school provides a full Autism Training Programme to supplement skills and you will have the benefit of working alongside our experienced in-house multidisciplinary team of therapists, including speech & language therapists, occupational therapists and assistant psychologists.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, this could be the perfect place to take the next exciting step in your journey!
If you are:
- A good / outstanding Teacher of English with QTS
- Able to teach the Secondary Curriculum across KS 3 and KS 4 including Entry Level and GCSE qualifications
- Experienced in and passionate about working with pupils who have autism
- Effective at coaching and mentoring
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and resilient
- Committed to raising standards and improving pupil's life chances to achieve their potential
- An experienced leader who inspires colleagues and holds them to account
- A flexible team player
- Committed to continuing professional development
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
- An outstanding and inspirational teacher possessing QTS and SEN experience
- Fully committed to raising standards in Teaching and Learning
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of the current secondary English curriculum to GCSE level
- Experience working with pupils who have an autism spectrum disorder or social communication difficulties.
- Experienced in approaches that are known to be successful for learners with autism
- Familiar with a total communication approach to supporting students.
Please call Fateha on the SEND Team at REESON Education if you are interested in this post on 0203 841 0777 or respond directly to the advert.