REESON Education are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Special Educational Needs teacher to start in September 2020. The successful candidate will work within the SEND department to support children with curriculum learning. A willingness to contribute fully to the extra-curricular activities and life of the school is vital. A SpLD qualification (OCR Level 5 or equivalent) is preferred. The position is part-time 8:00am - 2:00pm - 0.8 of a week.
The school is a large well-known Prep school with a passion for integrated learning across SEN and Mainstream teaching.
The successful candidate will work within the department to maintain an innovative, dynamic and high achieving setting. They will need to:
- Interact and support the child in a positive way to foster their enthusiasm for learning. Monitor progress in assimilating new information.
- To be responsible for the provision of explicit SpLD lessons to an individual pupil, or group of pupils, which will support them in their learning and provide them with the skills and confidence to succeed.
- To undertake specific, individualised assessment of pupils in order to structure and plan the SpLD lessons.
- Provide provision for SEN pupils within the school.
- Be prepared to be a mentor for SEN pupils.
- To undertake pastoral and administrative duties in respect of pupils.
- To establish effective rapports with pupils.
- To motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for primary education, in accordance with each pupil's ability.
- To establish good relationships with other staff members.
- Ensure that the child has opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner. A willingness to contribute fully to the extra-curricular activities and life of the school is vital.
To apply for this exciitng SEN role in the Independent sector please do not delay in conatcting Bonnie asap with an updated CV. Zoom interviews will be taking place asap.