REESON Education are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Special Educational Needs teacher to cover maternity leave for one term: start in September 2020. The successful candidate will work within the SEND department to support children with curriculum learning. A willingness to contribute fully to the extra-curricular activities and life of the school is vital. A SpLD teacher (with OCR Level 5 or equivalent) is essential. The position is full time working in a large Prep school bsed in central West London.
The successful candidate will work within the department to maintain an innovative, dynamic and high achieving setting. They will need to:
- Interact and support the child in a positive way to foster their enthusiasm for learning. Monitor progress in assimilating new information.
- To be responsible for the provision of explicit SpLD lessons to an individual pupil, or group of pupils, which will support them in their learning and provide them with the skills and confidence to succeed.
- To undertake specific, individualised assessment of pupils in order to structure and plan the SpLD lessons.
- Provide provision for SEN pupils within the school.
- Be prepared to be a mentor for SEN pupils.
- To undertake pastoral and administrative duties in respect of pupils.
- To establish effective rapports with pupils.
- To motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for primary education, in accordance with each pupil's ability.
- To establish good relationships with other staff members.
- Ensure that the child has opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner. A willingness to contribute fully to the extra-curricular activities and life of the school is vital.
The role is to start from Sept 2020, and will cover a maternity for 1 term. Should you be interested in joining a prep school in the new academic year please do not delay in contacting Bonnie from REESON ASAP. Skype and Zoom interviews will be taking place asap.