SEN Teacher - SEN School - Primary ASD
- ASAP Start
- Good SEN School (OfSTED)
- Strong class team
- Temp to Perm Role
- South London
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, self-motivated teacher to work in a friendly and welcoming SEN school, teaching a small class of 6 pupils with Autism.
This SEN School has consistently delivered Good/Outstanding education for learners with Autism, SLD and PMLD needs. The School caters to students aged 2 - 11 years on a small and intimate site with good transport links. Under a stable, forward thinking and highly support SLT, the School has been recently graded 'Good' in all areas. The School has been awarded the National Autistic Society (NAS) accreditation as a centre of excellence.
This Class is on the smaller side with only 6 pupils all with a diagnosis of Autism. Students are in Key Stage 1 and working at P Levels 2-5. The unique thing about this class team is it's outstanding class team, made up of 3 highly skilled and experience Teaching Assistants. 1 TA has been at the School for many years - able to impart valuable knowledge of students, parents and the school community. 1 TA has recently completed a Degree in Education and will be looking to complete her PGCE in the future so a keen and ambitious helper in class who could potentially lead of some sessions, freeing the teacher up for more planning time. The third TA assigned to this class is a trained ABA Therapist with exceptional skills in behaviour strategies and plans for individuals with Autism. All TA's recently undertook training in Team Teach and Sensory Learning Tools. The Classroom is newly decorated with a fresh lick of paint over the summer and is ready for a new Teacher to make their mark!
The school is looking for:
- Experienced and energetic Teacher
- Knowledge, skills and understanding of teaching and learning for Autism
- Recent experience delivering teaching to children with ASD in a UK or English speaking SEN school to children working at P Levels - National Curriculum Levels 1-2c
- PECS, Makaton and Team Teach training would be advantageous though not essential
- QTS / QTLS or Overseas Equivalent teaching qualification required
- A proven ability to work collaboratively in a multi professional team
We would like to hear from you if you could make a positive contribution to this beautiful school and class !