SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
- Full time Post
- Starting ASAP
- 1:1 and group work in small classes of around 7/8 students
- Richmond upon Thames
- Assisting KS1 - KS2 (dependent on experience)
- Daily rate from £70 per day (dependent on experience)
- On-site training provided where needed
- Fixed Term Contract until July 2020
- Possibility to extend in the new academic year
About the School
The school is a specialist SEN school in the London Borough of Richmond located near to the charming sites of Richmond upon Thames. The school provides an "Outstanding" (OfSTED) level of education and support for students aged between 5 and 19 years old across its three sites. You would be based on the primary site working with children with needs ranging from moderate autism to severe learning difficulties on a 1:1 basis. The school benefits from a strong and supportive leadership team who have been there for a number of years. This stability has allowed them to develop a great whole school ethos and long term plan for the future which the staff teams have all bought into.
The school offers excellent CPD training to ensure all staff are up to date with best practise and ensure that they have the skills and confidence to make a real difference each day. The SLT invest heavily in their staff as they like to "grow their own" leaders at Teacher and SEN Teaching Assistant levels across school which ensures that there are great career progression opportunities which in turn helps the school retain their best people.
The school boasts fantastic resources and equipment set within modern facilities and on site therapy teams such as SALT, OT, PT, Music Therapy and Play Therapy all of which are incorporated into the learner's day based on their individual needs. The school also offers off street parking and excellent transport links to Richmond upon Thames.
In order to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA job you need:
- Relevant experience working with Special Educational Needs
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references
- Valid DBS/police checks