30 hours per week
To start as soon as possible
This award winning Primary School in Battersea are looking for a SEN teaching assistant who will be responsible, under the instruction or guidance of the class teacher, for supporting a pupil with SEN, enabling them to access learning. They will play a key role in supporting the class teacher by supporting vulnerable pupils and be committed to putting the child's wellbeing first.
- Enjoy working with children and be able to develop positive relationships with them.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child being supported
- Have relevant training in supporting children with special educational needs in the classroom setting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- Have experience working with children with Down's Syndrome, ASD
- Have experience in implementing specific programs e.g. SALT, OT
- Knowledge of Makaton desirable
the school can offer
- A supportive team of staff.
- A thorough induction process.
- Access to excellent professional development.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%