SEN Teacher Assistant
- LSA/SEN TA vacancies
- Assisting ASD students in a number of classes from Early Years up to KS2
- Croydon Mainstream Primary School
- ASAP start
- Full time position for the academic year
- Weekly CPD courses available
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and development
- Daily rate from £75
A lovely primary school with a community feel, in the borough of Croydon is recruiting a number of new LSAs/ SEN TAs. The successful applicants will join a highly respected and effective team and start as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for working as part of the support team in class under the direction of the class teacher assisting small ASD classes of 6-8 students from early years up to KS2. The school itself is very modern having been purpose built a few years ago, making it an amazingly practical facility as well as being aesthetically pleasing.
The school is filled with the best available resources to support creative multi-sensory teaching and learning. The Headteacher and SLT have worked tirelessly with the teaching and support staff to create an ethos which put simply is to develop within a state of the art building, an innovative and visionary inclusive approach working with a huge continuum of need, pupils live together in an inspirational learning environment, where every one of those needs is met.
The school will invest heavily in your development and encourages career progression and professional development through regular CPD training. Permanent contracts will be offered to those who distinguish themselves this year - this is the way the school has recruited their TA staff for the last 4 years and the vast majority of those appointed in this way do get contracts
In order to be considered for this role, the LSA / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have experience working with ASD (essential)
- Have experience working with SEN (essential)
- Willingness to undertake personal care tasks (feeding, changing, toileting etc.)
- NQT, experienced UK and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks