Position Available: SEN Teaching Assistant for Feeding Support
Location: ARP Unit, Primary School in Deptford, London
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a dedicated and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant (TA) to provide specialised feeding support to a child with special educational needs within the ARP (Additional Resource Provision) Unit of a reputable primary school in Deptford.
Role Description: In this crucial role, the chosen SEN Teaching Assistant will work closely with the child, who faces challenges with feeding due to their special educational needs. The role involves creating a nurturing and supportive environment during meal times, ensuring the child's comfort, and providing the necessary assistance to facilitate a positive feeding experience.
Qualifications and Experience: The ideal sen teaching assistant will have:
- Previous experience providing feeding support in an educational or care setting, preferably with children with special educational needs.
- An understanding of the specific needs and sensitivities related to feeding assistance for children with special educational needs.
- Empathy, patience, and a compassionate approach to working with children with varying needs.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with the ARP team, parents, and relevant school staff.
- Collaborating with the ARP team to ensure consistency in the child's daily routine and support strategies.
- Providing patient and individualised feeding assistance to the child during designated times.
- Creating a calm and supportive atmosphere to facilitate successful feeding.
- Adapting feeding techniques and approaches based on the child's needs and preferences.
- Communicating effectively with the ARP team, parents, and other stakeholders to share progress and concerns.
- Contributing to the inclusive and nurturing learning environment within the ARP Unit.
Why Join Us: This role offers a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on a child with special educational needs and contribute to their overall well-being and development. You will be part of a dedicated team within the ARP Unit, working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Application Process: If you are an experienced and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant with a background in supporting feeding needs, we encourage you to apply for this important role. Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and your motivation to contribute to the development of children with special educational needs.
Join us in making a meaningful difference in the lives of children with special educational needs. Your expertise will be a valuable asset to our team within the ARP Unit at this Primary School in Deptford.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%