SEN Teaching Assistant
Part Time-Morning Only
ASAP / February 2024 Start
A primary school in Chiswick is seeking a compassionate and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to join their team on a part time, morning only basis. The successful candidate will work closely with students who have special educational needs, providing academic and pastoral support to ensure their full inclusion in the classroom.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of individual education plans (IEPs) for students with a range of needs, including autism, ADHD, dyslexia, and speech and language difficulties. The role also involves supporting students with personal care needs and promoting positive behaviour in the classroom.
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience working as an SEN Teaching Assistant in a primary school setting and hold relevant qualifications. They should have a good understanding of the needs of students with special educational needs and be able to adapt teaching strategies to meet their individual requirements.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive pay rate, depending on experience and qualifications. This is a part-time morning only position, starting as soon as possible.
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Previous experience working as an SEN Teaching Assistant in a primary school setting
- Relevant qualifications, such as a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent, with a specific focus on supporting students with special educational needs
- A good understanding of the needs of students with a range of special educational needs and the ability to adapt teaching strategies to meet their individual requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- A compassionate and patient attitude towards supporting student learning and personal care needs
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and to take direction from the class teacher and SENCO
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and a willingness to learn and implement new teaching strategies and techniques as required.
If you are a passionate and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant with a commitment to supporting the learning and wellbeing of students with special educational needs, please apply for this exciting opportunity in Chiswick. We look forward to hearing from you!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%