SEN Teaching Assistant
Fantastic SEN School with pupils aged 4-19 with ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs. You will be working with an experience and knowledgeable team who are dedicated in the progression of each student. The school is Ofsted rated "Outstanding" with in house training facilities.
The role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Working closely with pupils of SEN in groups or 1:1 aged between 4-19 of ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs. Maintaining and improving the social, emotional, physical and learning needs for pupils. The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant will be able to tailor their approach in regard to communication, engagement and distraction techniques to optimise learning and maximise comfort.
Main responsibilities: SEN Teaching Assistant
- Maintaining and improving the communication, learning and behaviour of the students
- Supporting the teacher and other in preparing lesson plans and materials
- Providing emphatic support to students using positive language and rewarding system
- Motivating pupils to engage and socially integrate using communication techniques
- Providing support during lunch times and during activities
- Improving the social, emotional, physical and learning needs for pupils.
Key Skills & Experience Desired for SEN Teaching Assistant
- DBS Certificate issued in last 12 months, ideally with the subscription of the Online Update Service
- Classroom and behaviour management
- Experience of working with ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs is advantageous
- Use of PECS, Makaton and Physical Restraint would be ideal
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Personable and positive nature
- Available Immediately
- Good knowledge of safeguarding procedures and policies
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Reeson Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Reeson Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Reeson Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.