Outreach SEN Tutor
SEN Tutor / SEMH needs
- English / Maths / Science Tutor
- Outreach - flexible / manage your own time
- Centre based in Bermondsey
- £80 - £100 daily rate
- ASAP start
Outreach Special Needs SEN Tutor - 1:1 teaching for SEN - Bermondsey
Are you an experienced Unqualified Teacher, SEN Tutor or experienced LSA who is looking for the next step in your career?
Are you passionate about making an impact on the education of young people with special needs (SEN) and complex behaviours (SEMH)?
Reeson Education is currently recruiting for an Independent Outreach Service in Bermondsey. This unique provision provides quality education for children with diagnosed Special Needs ( SEN ) such as Autism, Dyslexia and ADHD as well as challenging behaviour and Mental Health issues ( SEMH ). The School is highly successful in delivering each child with a unique learning programme, 1 to 1 tuition and intervention!
- The SEN Tutor must have previous experience of teaching / supporting students in Schools with Special Needs (SEN) including ASD, MLD, SEMH
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum - up to GCSE Level preferably
- The SEN Tutor must be able to skillfully plan and teach effective lessons and differentiate based on each student's individual needs
- Awareness of safeguarding with regards to a school environment
- Reliable, punctual & organised - able to manage your own timetable
- Ability to develop rapport with the young people you teach
- Playful, creative, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of young people with special needs (SEN)!
About the SEN Tutor Role
- You will be responsible for working 1:1 with your student, tutoring in English, Maths and Science
- The SEN Tutor may need to travel to the students homes, the Library or Tuition Centre
- You will think creatively about the best way to deliver learning and help them progress
- Thinking creatively and outside the box to deliver fun learning activities
- Able to manage challenging and emotional special needs (SEN) and behaviours including SEMH, and reengage young people in education
- Motivational - being a role model for the young person you work with in your role as Outreach Tutor
- Working with senior teachers to plan your teaching and gather resources which are provided
- Excellent CPD training provided weekly for the SEN Tutor - paid overtime to attend
- 9.00am - 4.00pm daily
- Part-time options also available
If you are a creative and passionate SEN Tutor / Unqualified Teacher or really strong LSA who is looking for the next step then please apply below.