- Qualified SENCo needed in a mixed Secondary School in South London
- After Easter start
- Full or part time
- Cover with the potential to lead to a permanent post
- Online interviews before a visit to the school
The school need a SENCo for cover in the first instance but there is the potential for the appointed individual to then become a Lead Teacher for the ELP Department (Enhanced Learning Provision) in September.
The hours/days for this SENCo role can be full or part time. The school is flexible when it comes to each applicants circumstances and desires.
The salary for this SENCo position will be between £35000 and £55000, depending on the qualifications and experiences of each applicant.
The school is part of the GLF Schools, a Multi Academy Trust. GLF is an abbreviation of the Trust's motto, which is "Where Children Grow, Learn and Flourish."
Ofsted recognised the following during their April 2019 inspection:
- "Pupils feel safe in school."
- "Pupils say that bullying is rare."
- "Pupils reflect upon and develop their respect for the views and beliefs of others. They say that the school is effective in encouraging respect so that everyone is treated equally. They acknowledge diversity as a strength of the school."
- "The arrangements for safeguarding are effective ."
- "Leaders understand fully their duty to keep pupils safe and are thorough in this area of work."
- "Support for pupils' emotional well-being is strong."
- "Pupils are given opportunities to develop their self-confidence through classroom discussions and through other activities."
- "Leaders use the additional funding for pupils with SEND effectively. Since September 2018, leaders have developed and improved provision."
- "Teaching is most effective in English. Teachers use their good subject knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject to engage pupils' interest. Lessons are well planned and provide pupils with appropriate challenge."
- "Leaders have a strong understanding of the needs of pupils whose circumstances may make them vulnerable."
- "The school is generally orderly, and pupils are courteous towards each other and adults."
- "Despite the large school site, pupils are punctual to lessons."
- "Displays in classrooms are bright and purposeful and they are used to promote literacy. They help to create and promote an attractive working environment."
- "Leaders have identified and responded to the acute need for pupils to read frequently and widely. Reading is promoted around the school."
Applications are welcome if you are a SENCo at any stage in your career, including if you are a British or overseas trained SENCo.
All applicants must have the following in order to be considered for this SENCo position:
- Right to work in the UK
- SENCo qualification, approved and accredited in the UK
- Experience and knowledge of working as a SENCo in the UK
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in education and training as a SENCo, then please apply via the link below and send your CV to Rahul at REESON Education as soon as possible.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.