September 2023 start
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to join a primary school in Wandsworth. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) are supported to reach their full potential.
SENCO Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee the provision for children with SEND and ensure that appropriate interventions and support are in place.
- Work closely with class teachers, teaching assistants, and parents to identify children with SEND and plan appropriate support strategies.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in SEND legislation, policy and practice, and ensure that the school's policies and practices are in line with current requirements.
- Liaise with external agencies and professionals to ensure that children's needs are being met.
- Attend meetings with parents, external professionals, and other stakeholders as required.
- Qualified teacher status and experience working in a primary school setting.
- Experience of working as a SENCO or leading SEND provision in a school setting.
- Knowledge of current SEND legislation and practice.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- A commitment to the school's values and ethos, and a desire to make a positive impact on the lives of children with SEND.
To apply for this SENCO role, please send a CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to Carl at Reeson Education.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.