A fantastic School in North London are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support a student with mobility issues for the academic year, starting ASAP.
The School - North London
- Excellent Secondary school that offers its staff brilliant support and its pupil's fantastic teaching.
- The School's aim is to be committed to individual excellence, ensuring that all students fulfil their potential.
- The school has strong leadership and a committed and dedicated team of staff.
- The school works very hard so that all students leave as mature and confident young people, who are exceptionally well prepared for their future lives in education and the world of work.
- Newly designed and purpose built school with unrivalled facilities.
- Faith School that is sympathetic to ALL religions.
- Large, inclusive support department that caters for students with all types of SEN.
- You will need to have worked as a Teaching Assistant in a Primary or Secondary School environment and have experience of students who have needs that require some personal care and assistance with mobility.
- Minimum 3 months experience working with students who have mobility/care needs that can be referenced.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a mixed ability primary or secondary School.
- If you have worked in Key Stage 2 in primary Schools or Key Stages 3 & 4 in Secondary Schools the role will be ideal for you.
- Ability to work well as part of a large multi skilled team.
- Flexible and adaptable
- A good team player, who has a can do attitude and sense of humour
- Ambitious and driven
- Bright, energetic individuals who either have experience working in secondary schools or who are educated to degree level and have an interest in working with SEN children/young people are very successful at this school
- Support and training will be provided by both the school and us here at Reeson Education. The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Experience in a Classroom, Social Care or Youth work setting
- Good Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- A Positive, Proactive, Professional, Friendly and Outgoing Personality
About the Role
- Opportunity to work in large forward thinking department, with facilities and dedicated teaching team.
- Working with student in Year 7 who is academically very able
- No particular need for learning support, the role will focus on mobility support and occasional personal care.
- Ability and understanding to help the student use her walking/standing frame.
- Chance to work with students across the ability spectrum
- Support through a range of subjects - whilst your assigned student may not need help with academic learning in lesson, your ability to use your initiative and assist in class with other students is desirable.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London