This sought-after Prep School is looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational SENDCo teacher who will lead the strategic development of the school's Special Educational Needs (SEND) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEND pupil achievement.
The SENDCo teacher appointed will be experienced, computer literate, medically fit, have the ability to understand school protocols and policies, and be willing to make a full contribution to school life.
The school, which is set in leafy Richmond on the edge of Old Deer Park, combines a warm and nurturing environment with excellent resources, a commitment to teamwork and the professional development of staff.
We are a progressive and vibrant school that focuses on raising the aspirations and releasing the potential of every young person in our care. In this environment they have the opportunity to grow academically, on the sports field, artistically, on stage, and to take leadership responsibilities in many different areas.
What we can offer you as a SENDCo:
- The opportunity to join a very successful team of committed and highly qualified teachers.
- A supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is important.
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support learning and teaching.
- A supportive and experienced Senior Leadership Team.
- An opportunity to develop through an extensive CPD offer, such as a Middle Leadership development programme that includes opportunities to access NPQML and NPQSL.
- Opportunity to grow as a teacher and access both Middle and Senior Leadership
- A bespoke induction and training programme with built-in support and mentoring.
- A strong Staff Wellbeing Programme (bike to work scheme/additional healthcare support/staff events)
- To be part of the school at its most pivotal and exciting time.
Main duties and Responsibilities as a SENCO:
- To plan and organise the Learning Support programmes
- To work with the staff to ensure that the learning support programme is being effectively delivered
- To monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of children with SENDD
- To prepare a policy statement and curriculum development plan covering a three year period
- Devise a scheme of work that provides for curriculum content and ensures progression and continuity in learning.
- Assess and identify the needs of individuals and produce IEPs for those children who require such provision
- To devise a triage system of care for SEND students
- To liaise closely with the Deputy Head to ensure consistent, effective and appropriate differentiation and support is offered by all staff, for all SEND children
- To support staff to effectively cater for children for whom English is another language (EAL)
- Provide the necessary teaching of pupils within the school and to give regular feedback to parents
- Ensure that teaching of learning support is adequately resourced using the allocated funds effectively
- Update the Online Learning Platform - Firefly
- Attend consultation evenings and keep parents informed about their child's progress
- Identify and teach study skills that will develop children's ability to work independently
- Disseminate good practice in SEND across the school
- Identify resources needed to meet the needs of children with SEND and advise the Head of priorities for expenditure
If you are interested in this SENCO role and have the relevant qualification then please send your CV to Luke at Reeson.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.