Special Educational Needs Teacher
Are you a passionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs teacher?
Do you have an interest in working with students with SEND?
Are you looking for a top school in the Hounslow area?
I am seeking to appoint a Special Educational Needs Teacher for a lovely specialist Special Needs school for children aged 4-11 in Hounslow to start as soon as possible.
The school is a large primary SEN school which caters to students with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The school is well resourced and excellent support is in place for both staff and students, as well as excellent CPD opportunities.
- £135-195 per day
- AWR compliant rates of pay
- Outer London Salary Weighting - Hounslow
- Immediate start available
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by NARIC
- Experience of working with students with SEND especialli SLD/ASD
- A patient and understanding approach
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Attention Autism, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential.
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare