Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
- Outstanding Wandsworth SEN School
- Fantastic Facilities and Training
- Full Time & Part Time Vacancies
- Immediate & September Starts
- Roles within ASD, SLD, PMLD and MLD Classes
- Vacancies within Primary and Secondary Phases
- Pay £70 - 85 per day
I am currently recruiting for a number of Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA vacancies for candidates to work within a special needs school in Wandsworth, South West London. This special needs school, caters for children between the ages of 2 and 19 who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. Split across three pleasant, well resourced and conveniently located sites (EYFS, Primary and Secondary) this school has been consistently delivering outstanding specialist education for SEN pupils for many years. This is an opportunity to join a well run, established and friendly school where you can make a huge difference to the lives of pupils.
The applicants for these Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA roles will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, and working with children across primary and secondary phases. Temporary contracts available immediately and from September 2018.
- Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
- Work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties aged between 3 and 19 years old
- To support the class teacher within a special needs environment
- Assisting with personal care tasks such as changing and feeding the children
- Working with the class teacher and up to three other support staff within the classroom
- Assisting and supporting the children with classroom work, as well as off site trips
- Daily rate from £70, depending on experience
- Part time and full time options available
- Temporary contracts available immediately and from September 2018
This is a large, incredibly well run, impressive and well respected special needs school that has consistently delivered great outcomes for children through good planning, hands on responsive management and a truly collaborative approach where all staff are encouraged to be proactive and have a voice. The school is going through an exciting period of expansion which will mean that it will become one of the largest special schools in Europe over the next 5 - 10 years.
The senior leadership team have created a culture that staff, parents and pupils are all drawn to and this is responsible for delivering an environment that is dedicated to ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to thrive in a setting where they feel calm, secure and happy. The "Rights of the Child" are enshrined at the heart of the ethos of the school, along with a shared vision vision to nurture, inspire and transform the lives of pupils.
There is a big emphasis on training in school and as a result the school employs a certified TEACCH practitioner, a qualified PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) implementer, a regional Makaton tutor, an Intensive Interaction specialist and trained PODD (Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display) teachers. All staff have regular training including training in ASD strategies. the school also invests heavily in a range of therapy teams - Speech and Language therapy is central to all teaching and learning, and communication targets are set and monitored termly in conjunction with the on site team of Speech and Language Therapists who work regularly in the classrooms.
- Maximum of 9 children per class
- There are 4 classes in EYFS, 11 classes across primary, and 8 classes across secondary
- Modern superbly resources school site in the London Borough of Camden
- Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport
- Special needs school for children with autism and a wide range of complex learning difficulties
- Well structured days with small group work including cooking, outside play, dance and music sessions
- Large outside space with a wide variety of sensory resources
THE IDEAL SPECIAL NEEDS LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT / SEN LSA APPLICANTS
- Previous experience working within the UK education sector
- Previous experience working with a special needs environment is desired but not essential
- PECS and Makaton skills preferable though not essential
- Team Teach trained applicants preferable
- GCSE Maths and English Grades A - C or equivalent required for permanent contracts
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks