Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
- Outstanding SEN School
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Fantastic Facilities and Training
- Full Time & Part Time Vacancies
- Immediate & September Starts
- Roles within ASD, SLD, PMLD and MLD Classes
- Vacancies within Primary and Secondary Phases
- Pay £70 - 90 per day
I am currently recruiting for a number of Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA vacancies for candidates to work within a special needs school in Tower Hamlets, London. This special needs school, caters for children between the ages of 2 and 19 who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. Split across three pleasant, well resourced and conveniently located sites (EYFS, Primary and Secondary) this school has been consistently delivering outstanding specialist education for SEN pupils for many years. This is an opportunity to join a well run, established and friendly school where you can make a huge difference to the lives of pupils.
The applicants for these Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA roles will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, and working with children across primary and secondary phases. Temporary contracts available immediately and from January 2020.
- Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
- Work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties aged between 3 and 19 years old
- To support the class teacher within a special needs environment
- Assisting with personal care tasks such as changing and feeding the children
- Working with the class teacher and up to three other support staff within the classroom
- Assisting and supporting the children with classroom work, as well as off site trips
- Daily rate from £70 - £90 depending on experience
- Part time and full time options available
- Temporary contracts available immediately and from January 2020.
THE IDEAL SPECIAL NEEDS LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT / SEN LSA APPLICANTS
- Previous experience working within the UK education sector
- Previous experience working with a special needs environment is desired but not essential
- PECS and Makaton skills preferable though not essential
- Team Teach trained applicants preferable
- GCSE Maths and English Grades A - C or equivalent required for permanent contracts
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Please apply below with your most up to date CV to be considered.