Are you a compassionate and dedicated Support Worker seeking a rewarding opportunity to work in a lovely Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)? We have a full-time position available starting after the Febraury half term, where you will have the privilege of working with SLD children at Key Stage 3.
As an experienced Support Worker, you will play a vital role in providing essential support and guidance to these students within the PRU setting. Your dedication and commitment will contribute to their personal, social, and emotional development, helping them overcome challenges and achieve their full potential.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker in this role within a Pupil Referral Unit include:
- Building positive and trusting relationships with students, providing them with emotional support and guidance during their time in the PRU.
- Assisting students with their academic work, providing tailored support and personalised interventions to meet their individual needs and learning styles.
- Implementing behaviour management strategies and de-escalation techniques when necessary, ensuring the safety and well-being of all students.
- Collaborating with the PRU staff, including teachers, therapists, and external agencies, to develop and implement individualised support plans for students.
- Monitoring and recording student progress, providing regular feedback to teachers and contributing to the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Supporting students in developing essential life skills, promoting independence, and preparing them for their transition back to mainstream education or other pathways.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment, fostering a sense of belonging and encouraging students to engage actively in their education.
- Participating in team meetings, training sessions, and continuous professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge in working with SLD children.
This full-time role offers working hours between 8.20am and 3.45pm, Monday to Friday. You will have the opportunity to work in a PRU that boasts a fantastic leadership team and provides excellent resources for both staff and students. The supportive and collaborative nature of the PRU ensures a positive and fulfilling working experience.
If you are a compassionate and experienced Support Worker with a passion for working with SLD children, this role is the perfect match for you. Join this lovely Pupil Referral Unit and make a significant impact on the lives of these students. Apply now to start your journey as a Support Worker in this wonderful PRU.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%