Support Worker - SEN School - Immediate Start
Are you a dedicated and compassionate individual looking for a rewarding career in the education sector? Look no further! We are currently seeking a Support Worker for a small SEN School in West London.
As a Support Worker, you will play a vital role in providing assistance and care to students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD). This position requires a strong and resilient individual with the ability to support individuals with challenging behaviours.
Responsibilities of the Support Worker:
- Provide one-on-one support to students with ASD and SLD, assisting them in accessing the curriculum and achieving their full potential.
- Collaborate with the teaching staff to plan and deliver customised lessons and activities that cater to the individual needs of each student.
- Implement strategies to manage challenging behaviours effectively, creating a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Support students with personal care, promoting their well-being and ensuring their safety at all times.
- Maintain regular communication with parents, carers, and external professionals to provide feedback on student progress and contribute to the development of individual care plans.
- Contribute to the wider school community by actively participating in staff meetings and training sessions to enhance your skills and knowledge.
This is a full-time, long-term role with an immediate start. Working hours are from 8am to 4pm, providing you with a stable and consistent work schedule.
Requirements of the Support Worker:
- Experience working with students with ASD and SLD is essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and motivate students.
- A patient and empathetic nature, with the ability to build positive relationships with students and their families.
- A proactive and resilient approach, able to adapt to changing situations and effectively manage challenging behaviours.
- Relevant qualifications, such as a Level 2 or Level 3 Support Worker certification, are highly desirable but essential.
At our recruitment agency, we are committed to finding the perfect match between our candidates and schools. We offer ongoing support, guidance, and professional development opportunities to ensure your success in this role.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with SEN, then we want to hear from you! Apply now to become an invaluable part of this exceptional SEN School in West London.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%