Teacher of Design and Technology
Location: Weybridge, Surrey
Start date: September 2023
Contract type: Full-Time or Part-time (Mon - Thurs considered)
Contract term: 1 Year Contract
Suitable for ECTs: Yes
Reeson Education are supporting an oversubscribed, mixed comprehensive secondary school in Weybridge Surrey who require a Teacher of Design and Technology from September 2023.
The school require an outstanding Teacher of Design and Technology to join their well-resourced and friendly Design and Technology team. This role will involve teaching a mix of KS3, KS4 & KS5 classes across a range of DT Topics.
The successful candidate for this role would be expected to teach across a range of Design and Technology specialisms with projects covering elements of Resistant Materials, Product Design, Engineering, Graphics and Electronics.
The School - Design and Technology Teacher - Weybridge, Surrey
- Oversubscribed, mixed 11-18 Academy.
- High performing school with excellent examination results
- Inspirational curriculum area with enthusiastic students and outstanding teachers
- Excellent, supported CPD opportunities and career development.
- Investment in well-being of both pupils and staff e.g. a two-week October half term
The school is proud to deliver a rich curriculum and an excellent standard of teaching and learning which has placed the school in the top 10% at post 16 and in the top 15% at GCSE in progress nationally. The school is a vibrant and caring learning community where students thrive. The last Ofsted inspection in March 2018 noted that the school is harmonious, and everyone pulls together to do their best. Morale among pupils and teachers is very high.
The school's core values of Respect, Endeavour and Commitment help students to develop an empathy and understanding of others. The aim for all pupils when they leave is to be responsible, caring individuals who approach the next stage of their lives with principled, open minds, able to make a positive, successful contribution as global citizens in a rapidly changing world.
The Department - Design and Technology Teacher - Weybridge, Surrey
The Design and Technology department is fully staffed with subject specialists.
- Offers excellent results at GCSE and A Level
- Design Technology: 2022 GCSE: 77% 9-4
- Food and Nutrition: 2022 GCSE: 67% 9-4
- Excellent facilities and supportive colleagues
The Candidate - Design and Technology Teacher - Weybridge, Surrey
This is a great opportunity for a Teacher of Design and Technology to join a highly successful school. Applications are welcomed from ECTs or more experienced teachers.
Key accountabilities include:
- To teach Design and Technology within the 11 - 18 age range
- To assist in the development of programmes of study, materials and schemes of work and participate in professional development programmes
- To follow school policies and procedures in respect of the duties of a classroom teacher and form tutor
- To perform the duties of a Form Tutor (as required)
- To contribute to the cultural and community life of the school, particularly through leadership of agreed activities within the extra-curricular programme
The Offer - Design and Technology Teacher - Weybridge, Surrey
- This is a full-time permanent contract starting in September 2023
- The school offers a comprehensive CPD programme involving learning pathways for all staff
- The school offers a programme for aspiring middle and senior leaders
- Candidates wishing to commence their ECTs are encouraged to apply
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%