SEN Teaching Assistant - Westminster
- Immediate Start
- Assisting ASD students in a number of classes
- Maximum of 8 pupils per class
- Westminster SEN School
- ASAP start
- Free CPD courses available
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Daily rate £75 - £95
The SEN TA Job:
A small Special Needs school for primary aged pupils with Autism in Westminster is recruiting two new people to the role of SEN Teaching Assistant. The successful Teaching Assistant applicants will join a highly respected and effective team and start as soon as possible. The school blends excellent resources, a progressive approach and ambitious goals for pupils with a friendly community feel.
You will be responsible for working as part of the SEN Teaching Assistant team in class under the direction of the class teacher assisting small ASD classes of 8 students. This Westminster school itself is a cheery, well resourced and practical building with bright classrooms, good amounts of playground space a decent car park and plenty of free parking nearby.
The Westminster LA have backed the school and ensured that there are funds to invest heavily in your development as a Teaching Assistant. The SLT encourages career progression and professional development through regular CPD training. Permanent contracts will be offered to those who distinguish themselves over the temp contract - this is the way the school has recruited their TA staff for the last year and the vast majority of those was appointed as a permanent member of staff.
About the Westminster School:
- Caters for children with ASD
- Outstanding leadership team who encourage in-house career progression
- Multi-sensory soft play room
- Specialist dark room for visual stimulation
- Accessible/adapted toilet/changing areas with plinths and hoists
- All classrooms have computers/interactive whiteboards, software and internet access
To be successful in application for this Westminster SEN Teaching Assistant job you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have experience working with ASD
- Have experience working with SEN (essential)
- SEN TA experience
- Willingness to undertake personal care tasks (feeding, changing, toileting etc.)
- Hold a DBS or willing to pay for one
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%