- Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
- Lambeth location
- Autistic /Severe Learning Difficulties
- Outstanding class teacher
- Small class sizes
- Highly competitive pay
- Access to training
- January start
- Interviews ASAP
The SEN Teaching Assistant Job
A very highly rated and heavily oversubscribed special school (ages 4 to 11) located in Lambeth is looking for Teaching Assistants that are flexible with working with children with autism and a variety of severe and complex needs.
This highly regarded (OfSTED Good/Outstanding) Lambeth special school will provide you with excellent opportunities for professional development, and you will learn and progress quickly. This is a full time position working Monday to Friday 8:15- 15:35 each day, due to the nature of the children part time/job share options will not be available as it has a detrimental effect on the pupils' education outcomes.
It's a very active and fast paced role, as a result they are seeking passionate, motivated and enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistants who have a can-do attitude who will put the children first. Experience is not required but would help your transition. This is a great opportunity if you're looking to kick start a career in special education or just develop your existing skills further.
This is a lovely progressive, lively and fun primary special school in Lambeth provides an excellent education for children with complex needs, which includes children with severe learning difficulties, autism and profound multiple learning difficulties.
The school is based in a bustling community that is well served in terms of local amenities and fantastic nearby transport links making it easily accessible for Central, South, South East and South West London. The school is very well run with a stable and highly regarded SLT who invest in their staff and offer support and progression opportunities wherever possible.
The school also offers:
- A clear and shared vision
- Very high expectations
- An innovative and creative approach
- A first class and highly motivated staff team
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A proven track record of integration and communication links
- Sensory provision in every classroom
- A focus on raising and maintaining standards for all pupils
The Ideal SEN Teaching Assistant
- Have a genuine passion or experience working with children with SEN.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be resilient, passionate and driven.
- Be open to providing personal care.
- Energy and enthusiasm for their role
- Commitment to a pupil centred philosophy
- A desire to motivate and inspire all pupils
- Experience in working with children with complex medical needs would be welcomed
- A passion for working with complex needs children
- Excellent classroom practice
- The ability to take responsibility for supporting teachers in the delivery of pupil's
- A flexible approach to meet changing priorities
- Training or experience in non-verbal communication tools such as PECS or Makaton would be an advantage but these are easily learned.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%