- Competitive rates of pay
- Immediate or September start
- One of the UK's highest performing schools
- Ideal for a Graduate or experienced Teaching Assistant
A Teaching Assistant is needed in a 'Good' mixed mainstream Secondary School in South West London.
If appointed as a Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting students in class and small groups across different subjects and key stages.
This Teaching Assistant post will be full time, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.
You will need to be flexible, resourceful, have a strong 'can do' attitude, display highly developed organisational skills, use effective communication skills, be a team player, maintain good attendance and a consistent punctuality record.
The Teaching Assistant role itself will involve the following:
- Working with teachers and support staff to provide a safe and supportive environment for students to learn both individually and in small groups.
- Monitor and record impact of interventions including short term achievable targets for priority areas of learning.
- Supporting and supervising the use of the equipment specific to child's needs.
- Ensure that students have opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner.
- Facilitate between parents, school and outside agencies working with the child, ensuring there is effective communication and continuity in approach.
- Support students in and out of lessons (KS3, KS4 and KS5)
- Good ICT skills
- Willingness to support across the curriculum in different subject areas
Willingness to assist with Personal Care would be advantageous but it isn't essential.
The rates of pay for this Teaching Assistant position will range from £72 to £105 a day, depending on the qualifications and experience of each candidate.
A non-selective mixed school for children aged 11 - 18.
The school has a 'Good' rating from Ofsted.
The A Level results have seen the school perform well above the national average for the past 3 years, placing them in the top 20% of schools for progress.
If you're ambitious, the school offers The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) which identifies teachers with leadership potential and helps them develop the skills they need to become a great head or principal.
The school has spelling bees, debating contests, sports days and maths 'wrangles,' and it all culminates in a Music Gala, a huge event held at a world-famous venue where dozens of schools and hundreds of students perform pieces ranging from Adele to Beethoven.
You are welcome to apply if you are a recent Graduate or experienced Teaching Assistant.
Applications are also welcome if you are a British trained Teaching Assistant or overseas trained Teaching Assistant.
All applicants must have the following in order to be considered for this Teaching Assistant position:
- Right to work in the UK
- Clear and up to date Enhanced DBS
- UK Bachelor's Degree or an overseas equivalent
- Experience as a Teaching Assistant in UK schools
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in education and training as a Teaching Assistant, then please apply via the link below and send your CV to Rahul at REESON Education as soon as possible.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.