Teaching Assistant (Autism Specialist) in a Primary School based in Eltham.
A fantastic Primary School, located in the heart of Eltham, is seeking a dedicated and highly skilled Teaching Assistant with expertise in supporting children with Autism. This temporary position is available starting immediately and will continue until the end of the academic year, with the possibility of extension from September 2024.
About the School: This Primary School is a thriving and progressive educational institution committed to providing high-quality education and support to all students. The school prides itself on its inclusive and nurturing learning environment, embracing diversity and fostering a positive atmosphere for collaboration and inclusion.
Teaching assistant role: The school is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) on a one-to-one basis. The responsibilities for this role include:
- Providing tailored support and implementing strategies to address the individual needs of the child with ASD.
- Assisting the child in their academic, social, and emotional development, ensuring a safe and stimulating environment.
- Collaborating with the class teacher and other professionals to develop and implement personalised learning plans.
- Monitoring and tracking the child's progress and providing regular feedback to the class teacher and parents/guardians.
- Promoting positive behaviour management techniques and encouraging social interaction and communication skills.
- Participating in training and professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills in supporting children with ASD.
Teaching assistant requirements:
- Proven experience working with children as a teaching assistant, preferably with ASD.
- A strong understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder and familiarity with appropriate strategies and interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with the child, parents/guardians, and the wider school community.
- Demonstrated patience, empathy, and the ability to adapt approaches to suit individual needs.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
What We Offer:
- A supportive and welcoming school community that values inclusive education.
- The opportunity to make a real difference in the life of a child with ASD.
- Access to professional development and training opportunities to enhance skills in working with children with Autism.
- A competitive remuneration package.
Interested and strong Teaching Assistants who are passionate about supporting children with Autism are encouraged to apply. Applicants should submit their CV and Kevin at Reeson Education
Please contact Kevin at Reeson Education
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%