SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about supporting children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in their educational journey? We have an amazing opportunity for a dedicated and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant to join a lovely SEN school in West London. This full-time role, starting after the February half term, offers the chance to work with ASD children at Key Stage 2.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in creating a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for the students. Your dedication and commitment will contribute to their overall development and success.
Responsibilities of an SEN Teaching Assistant in this role include:
- Providing one-on-one and group support to ASD children, assisting them with their individual learning needs and helping them to achieve their full potential.
- Implementing strategies and interventions recommended by the SENCo and other professionals, focusing on areas such as social communication, sensory integration, and emotional regulation.
- Collaborating with the class teacher and SENCo to create and implement personalised learning plans for each student, ensuring their progress is monitored and documented effectively.
- Assisting with the delivery of engaging and differentiated lessons, using appropriate resources and adapting materials to cater to the diverse learning styles and abilities of the children.
- Supporting children during transitions and daily routines, promoting their independence, confidence, and self-esteem.
- Collaborating with the school's leadership team and other staff members to maintain a positive and inclusive school culture, fostering a supportive environment for both staff and students.
- Participating in relevant training and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of special educational needs.
This full-time role offers working hours between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. You will have the opportunity to work in a school that has a fantastic leadership team and provides excellent resources for both staff and students. The school's commitment to supporting its employees ensures a positive and fulfilling working experience.
If you are a dedicated and nurturing individual with a genuine passion for working with ASD children, then this role is perfect for you. Join this lovely SEN school and make a significant impact on the lives of these children. Apply now to start your journey as an SEN Teaching Assistant in this wonderful school.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%