Teaching Assistant - Special Needs
- Full time contract from September 2020
- Supporting Key Stages 1 and 2
- Autism, Severe Learning Needs and Profound Learning Difficulties
- London Borough of Lewisham
- Fantastic School!
Do you have experience providing support to students with special needs?
Perhaps you have worked in a School, after school club, respite or care background?
Are you passionate about inhancing the learning experiences for children with complex needs?
Are you seeking to work in a supportive school team with excellent resources and a positive ethos?
If you answered yes to the above then this position is for you!
Based in Lewisham, this Primary SEN School provides individualised learning plans for students with ASD, SLD and PMLD. These include students diagnosed with Down Syndrome, ADHD, Global Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy, Chromozone disorders, emotional and behaviours needs and medical needs such as Epilepsy, brain injury.
The Head Teacher places high importance on each child getting the best care and education through individualised taregts and learning. Teaching Assistants often provide 1-1 support, delivering activities and engaging students in learning which will help them progress. The Teaching Assistants would also be responsible for behaviour intervention and pastoral/emotional support and sometimes personal care such as feeding and changing. The chosen TA will need to be a strong personality and confident working with pupils with complex 444needs.
Students range from 4 - 11 years of age.
Responsibilities of role :
- Supporting key pupils on a 1:1 basis
- Engaging pupils in sensory learning activities
- Managing behaviour
- Liaise with the Teacher to implement strategies in the child's EHC Plans
- Feeding back to Teacher on child's progress
- Positive and enthusiastic presence in the classroom
The School are looking for:
- Experienced working with children with special needs
- Understanding of Autism and communicatio needs - ideally experience with PECS and/or Makaton
If you are interested in this rewarding role then please forward your updated CV today!