A fantastic School in North London (Zone 3) are looking to appoint a team of Tutors, Graduates and Mentors who are interested in working with the school on behalf of the National Tutoring Program. The role starts in September 2022 and you will be aiding students whose learning has been disrupted by the pandemic.
The School would welcome applications from graduates who are passionate about working with young people or teachers who would like to take on a role with less responsibility. If you hold a subject specific qualification and feel you can impart knowledge to benefit students aged 11 - 16 in their studies, the school would also be keen to hear from you. The role will be to inspire, motivate and increase attainment and participation in core subject areas.
- Fantastic Grade 1 Ofsted 11 - 18 School
- Tutor (based in a subject of your choice)
- Contract or flexible working both remotely and in person available
- Opportunity to support those students most in need
- Great rates of pay - £18,980 - £26,772
- Graduates, Teachers or industry professionals required
- Lively, interesting and fun support department
- Great school leadership
The school caters for students across the age and ability range and currently have learners who display a range of needs. As such they would like to appoint well qualified subject specialists or graduates who can work as learning mentors and tutors to work on a 1:1, 1:2 and 1:3 basis to focus raising attainment, participation, confidence and self esteem. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about working with young people, perhaps a teacher who is looking to take step back from the responsibility of full school panning and marking. The school invests heavily in the support department and you would be joining a growing team of specialists.
If you have worked as a mentor or tutor in a school setting, through a private tuition company or at University then this is an ideal placement.
The School has learners who display interest, aptitude and desire to succeed so are keen to reward this by building a team of subject specialists to help tutor students to reach their potential.
School Information - Tutor
They have the highest expectations of their students and believe that with high expectations students can achieve anything. All curriculum and leadership decisions are driven through their core values, focusing at all times at what is best for the students.
They believe that school is preparation for life, so on top of having the highest of expectations they also provide a wide curriculum that is designed to give students a breadth of educational experiences that enable them to excel in various fields and therefore open up future possibilities.
They are driven by their core values and believe wholeheartedly that with commitment and dedication all students will leave at the end of Year 13 as well rounded citizens, able to compete on the world stage and have the brightest of Futures.
ASPECTS OF JOB ROLE - Tutor
Some typical responsibilities include:
- Tutor with undergraduate degree
- Working with school staff to select students for mentoring
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Agreeing and writing action plans
- On occasion making home visits to talk to parents about issues and to offer advice about strategies to deal with problems
- Liaising with schools, teachers, social workers and educational psychologists and making referrals where appropriate
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
If you have school experience already and have worked in another local primary or secondary school and would like the opportunity to secure a role as a tutor to start ASAP then please email a copy of your CV to me or apply to this advert as the school would like to interview over the coming two weeks.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.