Outstanding all through school based in Barnet requires Full Time, permanent Welfare Officer to commence role in april 2023.
- Full time Welfare Officer required
- £21,850 - £22, 942 per annum
- 36 hours per week, 8.15am start
- Outstanding all-through school
- Permanent vacancy for well qualified Welfare Officer
- Training and development offered
- Qualified First-Aid trained professional required as part of Welfare Officer role
Key Tasks - Welfare Officer:
- To address student welfare issues directly, working with senior and other staff.
- To liaise with parents, staff and students as necessary regarding first aid and welfare issues.
- To be the lead of the first aid team.
- To maintain and monitor the School first aid incident reporting system.
- To maintain student medical information and procedures and ensure that medication is kept up to date, liaising with parents as necessary.
- To attend training courses where necessary for any new medical conditions that require it.
- To be responsible for the timetabling and running of immunisation programmes.
- Liaising with the school nurse team regarding student medical conditions and creating care plans.
- To ensure all care plans are in place were appropriate and ensure that first aid staff are aware of any specific requirements of students.
- Maintaining First Aid kits around the School.
- Produce reports for the School Business Manager and School Leadership Team on welfare and first aid statistics.
- To be proactive and intellectually curious about student issues and their possible solutions.
- To book first aid courses for members of staff and ensure that certificates are up to date and renewed in a timely manner.
- Complete the appropriate Anaphylaxis Awareness course, to be able to provide yearly training of all staff on Epi-Pens.
- To be responsible for loaned school uniform.
- To lead on the first aid enrichment, providing training to students.
- To maintain student records on MIS systems and in manual filing systems.
- To take part in the School's staff duty rota.
Working hours/schedule - Welfare Officer
- 36 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time plus the last week of the School summer holidays).
To find out more about this Welfare Officer vacancy, please send CV in application to this advert or contact Stuart @ Reeson Education.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.