**Year 2 class teacher **
**Excellent CPD available**
**Young and forward thinking Headteacher**
**Located in North West London**
This vibrant school located in the Borough of Harrow is seeking a Year 2 (Key Stage 1) class teacher for January 2020. The larger than average three form entry school has some excellent opportunities for career progression with supportive staff and fantastic facilities.
The Teacher of a Year 2 Class will deliver high quality teaching to students while maintaining the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Provide stimulating and academically rigorous teaching of a Year 2 Class,
- Keep up-to-date with current developments in content and methods of the national curriculum, whilst having some knowledge of the content and methodology of the EYFS;
- Help to implement the national Curriculum with key skills at the core;
- Implement strategies to continue the rise in academic achievement;
- Develop teaching resources with the Year 2 team, particularly with regard to differentiation for students of different abilities and the increased use of ICT;
- Maintain a sequence of classroom displays and other curriculum materials, to create a stimulating and welcoming environment;
- Make a full and dynamic contribution to the Lower School and its extra-curricular activities.
As part of this role you will be required to ensure that the organisation of classroom preparation meets the varying learning, social and emotional needs of the students. You will be expected to provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all students. The Key Stage one (KS1) team work closely together to plan the long, medium and short term curriculum for each class and individual children. As part of this you will need to ensure that effective assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students is carried out according to school policy; this will be done by setting clear targets, based on prior attainment, for students' learning.
- promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any class or group of students assigned to the teacher;
- maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
- maintain good order and behaviour amongst students, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
- make records of, and reports on, the personal and social needs of students;
- communicate and consult with the parents of students;
- communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside the school;
- undertake an extracurricular activity
- attend school events and productions
- support parents, children and the school by running parent workshops
- contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors
- review methods of teaching and programmes of work
- participate in arrangements for further training and professional development.
If you would like to join this happy school as a Year One Teacher you will need:
- to be a qualified teacher with QTS
- empathetic to the school's ethos, although the school has staff from a range of faiths and backgrounds
- experience in either early years (EYFS) or Key Stage One (KS1)
- to have a DBS on the update service, or be willing to process a new DBS
- be able to provide referee details to cover the last 5 years of experience.
To apply to this role please email Luke at Reeson Education today with your CV and a covering letter.