A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a school in Hammersmith and Fulham as a Year 2 class teacher and KS1 Phase leader for September 2020.
The successful candidate will play a major role in helping to deliver the Schools KS1 curriculum, helping the Headteacher formulate the aims and objectives of the school.
The Phase Leader will have responsibilities in the areas of leadership, curriculum development, assessment, liaison and pastoral duties.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Experience of leading a subject area.
- Experience of leading a whole school imitative.
Qualifications & Training:
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Excellent classroom teacher.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Good level of ICT literacy.
- Ability to think creatively and imaginatively.
- Understanding of teaching strategies and teaching styles.
Successful candidates are expected to be able to work both autonomously and as a member of a team and have the ability to forge effective professional relationships and establish positive partnerships with parents.
Part of the role will involve liaising with other phase leaders to ensure effective transition for pupils from one year to another. You will be expected to work with other phase leaders to ensure effective communication across the school and to help promote the image of the school within the local community.
As part of this role you will be expected to:
- Play a major role in formulating, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the school improvement plan.
- Liaise with manage teachers and TA's within the phase.
- Implement and support the performance management process as a reviewer.
- Play a major role in the smooth transition between phases.
- Lead, develop and enhance the teaching of others in the phase
- Through monitoring the quality of teaching and learning and sharing judgments with teachers and support staff as appropriate.
- Create opportunities for the development of independent learning within the phase.
- Create opportunities for creativity to flourish across the curriculum within the phase.
- Closely monitor the progress of the phase ensuring that progress is made.
- Ensure that the target setting process is robust and is linked to standards and individual achievement.
- Use data and children's work to monitor progress and implement changes where necessary.
If you feel you have the skills needed for this role then please send your CV in today.