1-1 SEN TA
- Full time/Long term role
- Asap start
- SEN TA - 1-1
- London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Successful SEN School
- £70 - £90 per day
Do you have experience providing 1-1 support for SEN pupils?
Are you a team player who can also work independently in Schools?
Can you work 5 days per week in Waltham Forest?
If you answered yes to the above then this position may be for you!
The 1-1 SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Supporting key pupil on a 1:1 basis in the class
- Providing targeted support outside of the classroom
- Delivering movement breaks, reward time and sensory stimulating play
- Liaise with the Inclusion manager to implement stratagies in the child's EHC Plans
- Manage behavioural provision for the pupil
- Working on the child's social/emotional skills
- Accompanying pupil to relevant therapy sessions
Based in Waltham Forest this large SEN School has excellent provision for students with ASD or other learning difficulties including Social and Emotional mental health. Anyone with previous experience working with SEN or someone with a background in care/mental health support work will find the school and setting ideal for them. The Head Teacher has been in place for a number of years and provides a very stable, purposeful leadership where all staff are valued and take part in regular training. The school is looking to meet a SEN Teaching Assistant to work with one vulnerable pupil on a long-term basis for the next term. The child has complex needs and Autism.
You will need to have strong skills in behaviour management, a passion for working with pupils that have special educational needs and feel strongly in providing them the best start in life and education! If you are interested in this role then please forward your updated CV today!