Great School in North London, Barnet require a full time Assistant Site Manager to commence a role with immediate effect.
- £19,860 - £26456 per year
- Assistant Site Manager
- Work from 9:30 am to 5 pm each Monday to Friday
- Full clean driving licence required
- Enhanced DBS check including Children's Barred List required
Job Purpose - Assistant Site Manager
- Assistant Site Manager to work with the Premises team in all matters relating to the satisfactory operation of the schools buildings, grounds and equipment.
- To be responsible for the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children.
Main duties and responsibilities of Assistant Site Manager
- Security of Premises
- Routine and non-routine opening and closing of the school buildings and/ or premises, including operation of alarms (both fire and security), reporting malfunctions as necessary and arranging for repairs to be carried out in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that the buildings and site are secured when not in use; all doors and windows are to be secured. Ensure that all lights, heaters and gas controls are turned off every night.
- Take reasonable steps to deter trespass and unauthorised parking on the site, having regard to health and safety.
- Undertake the responsibility of key holder. Liaise with contractors regarding opening and closing arrangements during school closure.
Cleaning and Hygiene: (As part of the premises team as an Assistant Site Manager and when on duty)
- Ensure children's toilets are checked/cleaned after lunch.
- Ensure that the caretaking/cleaning storage areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained throughout the premises.
- Ensure that stocks of cleaning materials, soap, paper towels etc. are maintained and replenished as necessary.
- Ensure that all cleaning materials are stored and utilised in line with COSHH regulations.
- Ensure that litter and graffiti are removed from both inside and outside the buildings.
Maintenance of Furniture, Fittings and Equipment
- Carry out repairs to furniture, fittings and equipment as necessary.
- Assist with the seasonal exchange of equipment and related storage arrangements.
Maintenance of Buildings
- Assist with reactive and routine repairs and maintenance work to be carried out, as necessary.
Handyperson Duties - Assistant Site Manager
- These will include minor tasks and repairs, which may require nailing, screwing and gluing type skills.
- To share responsibility for monitoring the state of furniture throughout the school and undertaking minor repairs.
- To board up broken windows.
- To make safe damaged or missing floor tiles, secure carpets or remove to make safe.
- To ensure that all caretaking equipment is in a safe and working condition.
- To carry out minor alterations/improvements
Maintenance of Grounds - Assistant Site Manager
- Carry out maintenance and planting in the grounds.
- Ensure that the site is kept tidy throughout the year carrying out regular sweeping of hard areas, removal of litter, leaves and any other superfluous materials and the removal of weeds.
- Ensure that access to the school in the event of bad weather is maintained, ensuring that paths are clear of snow, ice, leaves, floodwater etc. Health and Safety
- Be observant at all times of things around the school which may compromise safety e.g. loose fluorescent light diffuse covers, and rectify these on discovery.
- To work safely and bring to managers' attention any faults, accidents, incidents or near misses and any other health and safety concerns in order that the school remains a healthy and safe environment for all stakeholders.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation, procedures and policies e.g. the School's Code of Conduct and Equal Opportunities Policy; COSHH; data protection and copyright legislation.
- Ensure that boiler checks are carried out during the heating season.
- Ensure that light bulbs and fluorescent tubes are replaced as necessary, applying appropriate health and safety regulations.
Porterage - Assistant Site Manager
- Ensure that deliveries of equipment, furniture and materials are dealt with promptly and items repositioned as required.
- Undertake porterage of equipment, furniture and materials within the premises, as required, including setting up seating the hall for productions, etc.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.