Reeson Education have an exciting opportunity to work in a successful PRU school who are currently recruiting for a Citizenship Teacher to start Immediate or January 2020. The role will be a full-time, long-term role with an opportunities to be offered a permanent contract for the right person. Subject specialism is flexible for the right candidate and the school are open to NQTs.
The Candidate - Citizenship Teacher
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children with challenging behaviour
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment
- Able to tailor lessons based on each child's individual needs
The Role - Citizenship Teacher - PRU
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of students with special educational needs
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff
- You will plan and deliver lessons tailored to the individual needs of the students
The PRU specialise in working with pupils who are excluded from mainstream education who are on the EHCP and have challenging behaviour with ADHD and SEMH. The school are looking for someone to work well in a team who has a strong commitment and have a child-centred approach. You will need to be fully qualified teacher (NQTs and overseas trained teachers will be considered) and able to provide two recent referees.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Reeson Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Reeson Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.