We are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to teach English and Humanities to students from KS2 to KS4. The successful individual must be highly motivated, possess excellent organisational skills, work well with colleagues. This role would suit a secondary-qualified English Teacher who is flexible and can cover a range of year groups.
About the School
We are a highly successful and over-subscribed Independent School located in a wonderful West London location.
- To provide strong and inspirational teaching to the English and Humanities Department.
- To provide first class teaching and learning opportunities for pupils.
- To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, to provide a broad range of opportunities for pupil.
- To celebrate pupils' work through effective displays throughout the department and around the school and regularly update displays/exhibitions.
- To cover English and Humanities across the School
- To maintain high levels of communication with parents.
The successful applicant needs to have the following skills and qualities:
- Education to first degree (or equivalent certification) in relevant subjects
- Qualified teacher status
- Excellent classroom practice with understanding of high quality teaching and learning preferably with experience of The Common Entrance 13+ English syllabus.
- Experience of teaching GCSE's
- A commitment to the subject
- Experience of implementing differentiated teaching strategies plus experience of monitoring and evaluation procedures relating to the work of pupils.
- Clear understanding and use of ICT in day-to-day teaching.
- Effective organisation and administration skills with management of commitments / deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within school and with colleagues in other organisations.
- Respect and value the different experiences, ideas, and backgrounds others can bring to work and to teams.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of, young people.
- Lively and creative personality, with a sense of humour and "can-do" attitude.
- Demonstrate emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours of children and adults.
- Commitment to on-going personal and professional development.
- A generosity of spirit and a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
If this English and Humanities Teacher position is of interest please send through an up to date CV in response to this advert, alternatively fell free to give Luke a call on 02038410777 for more details. Interviews and trials days will commence imminently.