We are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to teach English to boys in Years 4-8 from April. The successful individual must be highly motivated, possess excellent organisational skills, work well with colleagues and have the ambition to further develop an inspirational and successful English Department. This role would suit a secondary-qualified English Teacher.
About the School
We are a highly successful and over-subscribed boys' Prep school located in a wonderful West London location, adjoining Richmond Park
The successful applicant needs to have the following skills and qualities:
- Education to first degree (or equivalent certification) in relevant subjects
- Qualified teacher status
- A commitment to the subject
- Experience of implementing differentiated teaching strategies plus experience of monitoring and evaluation procedures relating to the work of pupils.
- Clear understanding and use of ICT in day-to-day teaching.
- Effective organisation and administration skills with management of commitments / deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within school and with colleagues in other organisations.
- Respect and value the different experiences, ideas, and backgrounds others can bring to work and to teams.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of, young people.
- Lively and creative personality, with a sense of humour and "can-do" attitude.
- Demonstrate emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours of children and adults.
- Commitment to on-going personal and professional development.
- A generosity of spirit and a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
If this English Teacher position is of interest please send through an up to date CV in response to this advert, alternatively fell free to give Luke a call on 02038410777 for more details. Interviews and trials days will commence imminently.