- Graduate Teaching Assistant
- £18,956 - £24,335 per year
- Outstanding School with Teacher training offering
- Key Stage 3 students
- Modernised Secondary School
- Teacher training opportunities after 12 months
This outstanding School provides high quality education at every stage of the students journey. Over the past few years, they have grown to become one of the most successful schools in the borough and has gained an excellent reputation for the learning focused education offered to their students. They have a happy and diverse community that strives to succeed in everything they do. They have a sister school located a couple of miles away and they provide the blueprint of success that this school aspires to.
Whilst the high quality lessons and enrichment make this school a rewarding place to attend or to work in, perhaps the most unusual thing about the is the quality of the relationships you will find. Students like and respect each other and value their opportunities to learn. They get on exceptionally well with staff, as adults and students work together in a productive and trusting atmosphere. Students thrive by being given a high degree of responsibility and this leads to the exceptional behaviour they are so well known for. Student leadership is at the heart of their philosophy with student curriculum advisers, lesson observers and interviewers working along with a more traditional student council.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Permanent opportunity to join fantastic team
- Opportunity to support those students most in need
- Great rates of pay
- Graduates and aspiring Teachers required
- Lively, interesting and fun support department
- Great school leadership
The school caters for students across the age and ability range and currently have learners who display a range of needs. As such they would like to appoint well qualified graduates or Graduate Teaching Assistants to work on a 1:1 and small group basis to focus raising attainment, participation, confidence and self esteem. As a strong and effective Graduate Teaching Assistant you will be comfortable participating in the lesson and lending yourself to students who display varying needs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about working with young people and may have mentor students at University or work tutored students in the past. The school invests heavily in the support department and you would be joining a growing team of specialists. You will be working with students in a mainstream setting, between the ages of 11 - 16 (Key Stage 3, Years 7 - 11).
If you have worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, mentor or tutor in a school setting, through a private tuition company or at University then this is an ideal placement.
The School has learners who display interest, aptitude and desire to succeed so are keen to reward this by building a team of subject specialists to help students reach their potential.
ASPECTS OF JOB ROLE - Graduate Teaching Assistant
Some typical responsibilities include:
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Tutor or Mentor with any undergraduate degree welcome to apply
- Working with school staff to select students for mentoring and additional support
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Agreeing and writing action plans
- On occasion making home visits to talk to parents about issues and to offer advice about strategies to deal with problems
- Liaising with schools, teachers, social workers and educational psychologists and making referrals where appropriate
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
If you have school experience already and have worked in another local primary or secondary school and would like the opportunity to secure a position to commence in April then please get in touch ASAP.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.