Graduate Teaching Assistant
Location: Lambeth, South London
Start Date: May 2023
Contract Type: 3 months (Full-time)
Salary: £18,427 to £19,500 PA
Reeson Education are supporting a large mainstream secondary school in Lambeth, South London who require an enthusiastic Graduate Teaching Assistant to join their team from May 2023 on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will be a Graduate Teaching Assistant with prior secondary school experience, or a graduate looking to pursue a career as a qualified teacher in the future.
The role of the Graduate Teaching Assistant is to support students with moderate learning difficulties and encourage learning across a variety of subjects and year groups.
The School - Graduate Teaching Assistant - May 2023 - Lambeth, South London
This large mixed secondary school in Lambeth is a good school with outstanding features and is a fantastic place to work and learn. The school is committed to developing staff who are passionate about their subjects and determined to convey this enthusiasm to their students. Opportunities for internal promotion are maximised and encouraged. Their aim is to make all employees feel included, bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. It values all cultures, backgrounds and experiences and they truly believe that diversity drives innovation.
The Role - Graduate Teaching Assistant - May 2023 - Lambeth, South London
The school require an enthusiastic Graduate Teaching Assistant to join a busy and fun environment where every day offers something different. Candidates with previous SEN experience are encouraged to apply but this is not essential as training will be provided. The successful individual will support students with moderate learning difficulties, special educational needs and disabilities across a variety of year groups. Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal and listening skills with a commitment to helping each student achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide effective support to young people with social, emotional and mental health needs;
- Be a creative and innovative Graduate Teaching assistant who is committed to meeting the needs of pupils and work independently
- Have the ability to understand the needs of their pupils and deliver exceptional support to ensure all pupils meet their full potential
- Have the knowledge, skills and understanding to oversee support and intervention for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
The Offer - Graduate Teaching Assistant - May 2023 - Lambeth, South London
In return, the school can offer the successful Graduate Teaching Assistant the following:
- A broad and wide-ranging staff development programme
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%