Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant?
Do you have experience working with children with Special educational Needs / Autism?
Are you available Full Time for a January Start?
If so, Reeson Education would love to hear from you.
An Ofsted 'Good' rated Primary School based in Tooting, South West London are looking for two Learning Support Assistant's to join them in January 2022.
Purpope of Job: To assist and support pupils with special educational and general learning needs.
Responsibilities of the post:
The Learning Support Assistant's (LSA) main role is to provide support for pupils with special educational needs. The LSA will ensure that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist the pupils' individual learning and social needs. The LSA will be responsible for implementing the targets on the pupils' Individual Education Plan (IEP) in liaison with the class teachers and the SENCo.
- To provide learning support for pupils in class or in 1:1 situations.
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified materials as required e.g. worksheets, games, visual prompt cards etc.
- To make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the SENCo, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies.
- To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment across the whole school environment.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them.
- To attend in service training and relevant meetings relevant to the post in order to keep up to date with developments in working with children with special educational needs.
Personal Specification for Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant
You will need to
- Have experience of working with children with special educational needs in a primary school setting
- Have GCSE, 'O' Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English.
- Have NVQ2 or equivalent as recognised by the National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning (NOS-STL).
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of pupils.
- Have an interest in how children learn and behave.
- Provide appropriate role models of behaviour both in the classroom and around school
- Really care about children, particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
- Have training in aspects of SEN, i.e. ASD, SEMH, ADHD, ELSA, dyslexia etc
You must be able to:
- Carry out tasks and responsibilities under the direction of the SENCo, Class Teacher, Deputy or Head Teacher.
- Plan and prioritise tasks and work under the pressure of a busy primary school.
- Be productive and show initiative.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to pupils with different abilities and ethnic backgrounds.
- Motivate pupils to learn.
- Motivate pupils to be sociable.
- Assist with the organisation of the learning environment.
- Maintain accurate records of the pupils.
- Work effectively with other adults in the school and wider community.
- Be a responsible and trustworthy role model.
- Have patience with children who find conforming to rules and expectations difficult.
- Have patience and be flexible and innovative with a clear understanding of how children might behave who find learning new concepts and remembering taught concepts difficult.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality but have regard to the safe guarding protocols of information sharing where necessary.
- Be computer literate.
- Attend training courses considered appropriate for the post.
Please apply below to be shortlisted and considered for this Learning Support Assistant role based in Tooting, South West London.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.