Exciting Opportunity: Learning Support Assistant Role - Primary School in Tottenham
An exciting opportunity awaits enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistants, particularly those with an interest in sports, to join a thriving primary school in Tottenham. This role involves providing vital support to a Year 5 pupil with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). The school is deeply committed to inclusivity and actively seeks candidates with a proven track record in supporting children with ASD and ADHD.
About the Role: Learning Support Assistant Position
In this dynamic Learning Support Assistant role at our esteemed primary school in Tottenham, you will play a pivotal part in establishing an inclusive and nurturing learning environment. Your primary focus will be on providing tailored support to a Year 5 student with ASD and ADHD, contributing to both their academic progress and social development. This is a long-term position, offering potential extensions based on performance and the evolving needs of the school.
Position Overview: Learning Support Assistant Position
- Job Title: Learning Support Assistant
- Location: Primary School in Tottenham
- Commencement: Immediate (Trial Period)
Key Responsibilities: As a dedicated Learning Support Assistant, you will:
- Provide essential support to a Year 5 student with ASD and ADHD.
- Collaborate closely with educators to implement personalised learning strategies.
- Contribute to the development and execution of Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Foster an inclusive learning environment that promotes positivity.
- Support the social and emotional well-being of the student.
- Maintain consistent communication with parents, teachers, and the SENCO team.
- Monitor and document progress, adjusting support strategies as required.
- Participate in relevant training sessions and seize professional development opportunities.
- Apply your experience to employ effective strategies for students with ASD and ADHD.
- Embrace the opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the student's educational journey, with a particular interest in integrating sports-based activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Learning Support Assistant is highly valued.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
- Relevant qualifications in education or special educational needs.
- Become an integral part of a dynamic and inclusive educational community.
- Contribute to the creation of a supportive learning environment.
- Access professional development opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Make a positive and enduring impact on the educational journey of a student with diverse needs.
How to Apply: Dedicated Learning Support Assistants, especially those with an interest in sports, are encouraged to submit their applications. Include a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a comprehensive resume.
The primary school in Tottenham is committed to equal opportunity and warmly welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
Embark on the journey of shaping the future of education as a valued Learning Support Assistant!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%