Learning Support Assistant
- Full Time
- Immediate Start
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with autism? We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join a specialised autism school. This full-time role will begin after the February half term and offers the potential for a permanent contract after 12 working weeks through the agency.
As an Learning Support Assistant, you will have the privilege of working with high-functioning students with autism in Key Stage 3 and 4. Your role will involve providing essential support to these students, enabling them to thrive both academically and socially.
Responsibilities of a Learning Support Assistant working with high-functioning autism will include:
- Building strong relationships with students, creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
- Implementing individualised strategies and interventions to support students with their specific needs, focusing on social skills development, communication, and emotional regulation.
- Collaborating with the class teacher and other professionals to create and implement personalised learning plans, ensuring students' progress and achievements are monitored effectively.
- Assisting in the delivery of engaging and differentiated lessons, adapting materials and resources to meet the unique learning styles of each student.
- Supporting students during transitions and sensory regulation, providing a safe and structured environment that promotes their independence and well-being.
- Encouraging positive behaviour and promoting self-confidence and self-advocacy skills in students, fostering their personal growth and development.
This full-time role will require you to work from 8am until 4pm, providing the opportunity to make a significant difference in the lives of these students on a daily basis. You will be joining a specialised autism school that values its staff and offers a supportive and collaborative working environment.
If you are a dedicated and compassionate individual with a genuine passion for supporting students with high-functioning autism, then we would love to hear from you. This temporary-to-permanent role offers the chance to make a lasting impact in the lives of these students. Apply now to start your journey as a Learning Support Assistant in this specialised autism school.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%