Outstanding School in Tower Hamlets seek an enthusiastic and capable Media Resources Officer to support the Media and Communications Team.
- Outstanding Secondary School in the Heart of Central London
- £23,490 - £26,545 per year
- Full time (35 hours per week, school term time only)
- Media Resources Officer
- Excellent staff well being package
JOB ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MEDIA RESOURCES OFFICER
Strategic Planing for Media Resources Officer
- To assist the Media & Marketing Communications Manager to raise the profile of the school for prospective and existing pupils and parents, the local community and beyond, using all relevant media including web-based media and other new technologies.
- To be responsible for the management and development of media resources in the school, training staff and pupils in their use, designing and producing a wide range of whole school learning materials including video, audio, graphics and print and also evaluating their effectiveness to meet curriculum need and equal opportunity requirements.
Operational Duties for Media Resources Officer
- To assist the Media & Marketing Communications Manager to establish and implement an effective social media strategy ensuring pro-active and consistent dissemination of information about school events across a range of social media platforms.
- To assist the Media & Marketing Communications Manager to maintain, develop and update content on the school's website ensuring it remains current, relevant and compliant with Data Protection requirements.
- To assist the Media & Marketing Communications Manager to research, write, design and distribute news releases and other editorial content including the school magazine / newsletter, prospectuses, curriculum guides, student planners and other relevant publications.
- To contribute to and help co-ordinate the school's Open Mornings and Open Evening, coordinating all aspects of the events to maximise recruitment.
- To contribute to and help co-ordinate the School Family Fun Day.
- To assist the Media & Marketing Communications Manager to co-ordinate and manage any other relevant school promotional or marketing event.
- To maintain and develop the School 'house style,' ensuring internal compliance and consistency of branding.
- To engage with faculties identifying and maximising all promotional opportunities.
- To take photographs of key events, establishing an archive for marketing and promotional purposes.
- To have oversight of display in the school, ensuring that all spaces positively promote and celebrate 'School Values'
- Advising and training staff on the creation of learning resources as well as designing and producing resources to support whole school Learning and Teaching.
- To assist the Media & Marketing Communications Manager to keep accurate records of the school's pupil media consent forms.
- To regularly monitor the school's online presence and image, highlighting and addressing any material that may bring the school or its community into disrepute.
Media Resources and Display for Media Resources Officer
- To link with leaders of events e.g. awards evenings and the Media & Marketing Communications Manager to ensure that there is an appropriate display for the occasion.
- Responsible for ensuring that all displays are up to date and include the work of all students, including those of More Able, EAL, SEND. This will involve liaising with staff in all faculty areas.
- To monitor displays and remove any out of date or damaged items.
- To assist staff in making the best use of multi-media display including the digital display screens and other media.
- Act as a lead person for the operation and maintenance of the school's photocopying equipment.
- To undertake bulk photocopying for faculties.
- To manage the available resource of space, and equipment efficiently within the limits, guidelines and procedures laid down, requisitioning, organising and maintaining equipment and stock and keeping appropriate records.
General Duties of Media Resources Officer
- To act as an Invigilator during exam periods, when required.
- To undertake Faculty Support and assist the General Office as and when required.
- Ensuring that the aims and objectives of the Media Resources office are met to the required standard and to predetermined time scales, as directed by the Media & Marketing Communications Manager
- The postholder will be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar grade and nature in order to support workload peaks and resources and skills shortages to ensure the school's priorities are met.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%