Pastoral Support Worker
- Pastoral Support Worker required immediately.
- Popular East London, Secondary School
- Fantastic Headteacher.
- Full time Post
- Positive, lively, environment
About the school looking for a Pastoral Support Worker
This hugely popular East London school are keen to secure a Pastoral Support Worker for a full-time post. The successful candidate will play a key role in the school. The Pastoral side of the school is very impressive with fantastic support.
Ideally you will have similar experience working in a secondary environment and be available to start very soon.
- To provide pastoral support to students experiencing difficulties on a day-to-day basis
- To work as part of the team that responds to challenging behaviour
- To provide information, advice and structured intervention to enable students to make positive choices about their behaviour, attendance and social interactions
- To liaise with staff, parents and relevant outside agencies to provide appropriate intervention for students experiencing disruption to their learning
- To liaise with support staff and teachers to share strategies for support
- To develop strong links between the school and families in order to improve educational opportunities for students and to promote a positive attitude towards school
- To adopt the keyworker role for named students, to include monitoring their progress, attending any relevant meetings and reporting any concerns to the SENCo and Head of Year
- To comply with confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
- To work well as part of a team
- To be positive and enthusiastic
- To be sympathetic to the needs of others
- To have a positive attitude to personal development and training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience working with children/young people
- Knowledge of child protection/safeguarding procedures
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) qualified
- Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
- Previous experience working with children/young people with special educational needs
About this excellent school & what they can offer you:
- a student body who are lively, with good energy.
- colleagues who will be supportive and committed to improving outcomes for the students
- an excellent learning environment
- a school who will be committed to your professional development
- work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
Contact Reeson Education now to apply for this post.
Please apply now!
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%