Outstanding, inclusive mainstream Secondary School based in Central London, require a passionate, dedicated and skilled Pastoral Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with students with varying SEND.
- Pastoral Teaching Assistant
- £18,956 - £25,690 per year plus additional benefits
- Full time, permanent role
- Outstanding mainstream Secondary School with excellent SEND provision
- Supportive, friendly and welcoming SEND team
- Opportunity for promotion, progression and development
- 3 minutes walk from Central London tube/train station
- Work on a 1:1 basis
- Possibility of small amounts of assistance with toileting and feeding (depending on specific students needs)
The School - Pastoral Teaching Assistant
The School is a large, vibrant and thriving secondary school in the centre of London. With approximately 1000 students on roll and a further 210 at KS5, staff work alongside outstanding colleagues to achieve outstanding student outcomes in all key stages.
In July 2013, OFSTED graded the School as outstanding in all categories for the second time. In July 2015, they were awarded Teaching School status as part of their journey to achieving excellence and they continue to strive to deliver outstanding outcomes across all key stages and subject areas. They are committed to the continuous professional learning of all staff.
Professional Standards - Pastoral Teaching Assistant
- To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils with SME, physical and learning needs and their families.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, and carry out the role effectively, knowing when to seek help and advice
- To liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers and outside agencies
- To take an active role in professional development including through observation, evaluation and discussion with colleagues
Role - Pastoral Teaching Assistant
- Provide First Aid for students when necessary
- Provide level 1 counselling for student when necessary
- Liaise with parents/carers as directed
- Provide in class support for students
- Contribute to annual review planning for pupils with EHCPs
- To produce and maintain classroom and whole school resources and displays
- Meet the personal care and medical needs of students with SEND
Learning Activities - Pastoral Teaching Assistant
- To implement specific programmes of support under the guidance of professionals including teachers, Inclusion teachers, Ed Psych, Speech & Language Therapists and others as directed
- Create and deliver clearly structured learning activities that enable students to be motivated and promote progress
- Contribute to the planning of opportunities for pupils to learn in and out of school contexts
- Select and prepare resources necessary to lead learning activities, taking into account pupils' interests and language and cultural backgrounds
- Support teachers in evaluating pupils' progress through a range of assessment activities
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with pupils to support their learning
- Use behaviour management strategies, in line with the school's policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- Organise and manage safely the learning activities, the physical teaching space and resources for which you are given responsibility
- Work with students both in class, in small groups and one-to-one settings as appropriate
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.