An oustanding SEN school in Croydon are seeking experienced Teaching Assistants specialising in Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) to work within a Special Needs School based in New Addington, Croydon . You will be working with Primary and Secondary aged pupils with Autism and Associated Needs , such as ADHD, Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Learning Difficulties. This could be on a 1:1 or small group basis. You will be part of a supportive team, liaising with the relevant members of staff to ensure a safe and progressive learning environment is available to all students.
As the ideal Autism Teaching Assistant, you should:
* Have recent experience supporting children or adults with Autism.
* Be knowledge of associated needs and behaviours linked to Autism.
* Be trained in de-escalation, Team Teach, MAPA or NAPPI (this is not essential, but desirable).
* Have a calm, nurturing, and patient persona.
* Have experience using PECs and Makaton to communicate with children or adults with speech, language, and communication needs.
* Be a flexible education practitioner, who can adapt quickly to situations.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%