Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant - 1:1 Support for Children with ASD/SLD
Location: Kingston upon Thames, London
Position Type: Full-Time,(ASAP start with an opportunity of rolling onto September 2023)
Salary: £85 - £95 per day
Are you a dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children with Autism and behavioural challenges? We have an exciting position available at our school based in the beautiful town of Kingston upon Thames, London. If you are passionate about working 1:1 with students, we want to hear from you!
This outstanding school iscommitted to providing exceptional education and support to children with special educational needs. the school is currently seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will have the rewarding opportunity to work closely with children with Autism and behavioural challenges, providing tailored 1:1 support to help them reach their full potential.
- Work on a 1:1 basis with children with Autism and behavioural challenges, offering individualized support based on their specific needs.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other professionals to implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Behavior Support Plans (BSPs).
- Foster the development of social skills, communication, and academic progress in the students.
- Create a safe, inclusive, and nurturing learning environment that promotes positive relationships.
- Monitor and document students' progress, providing regular feedback to the class teacher and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the school staff to create and adapt resources, ensuring they meet the individual needs of the students.
- Establish effective communication channels with parents/guardians, keeping them informed of their child's progress and providing strategies for support at home.
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or in a similar role, preferably with children with Autism and behavioural challenges.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to adapt to different learning styles to provide appropriate support.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling positive relationships with students, parents/guardians, and the wider school community.
- Knowledge of strategies and interventions for supporting children with Autism and behavioural challenges.
- Genuine passion for helping children with special educational needs achieve their full potential.
- Relevant qualifications or training in Special Educational Needs are desirable but not essential.
Join this supportive and inclusive work environment, and make a lasting impact on the lives of children with special educational needs. This position offers an immediate start, with the potential to continue until September 2023.
If you are ready to take on this rewarding role as a SEN Teaching Assistant, please submit your application, including your CV or contact Pedro @ Reeson on 20238410777 We can't wait to welcome you to our team in Kingston upon Thames, London!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%