School Business Manager
An Ofsted rated 'Good-Outstanding' Primary school based in the attractive area of East Dulwich are looking to recruit a full time and permanent School Business Manager this academic year (Jan 23'). Start date is flexible depending on the right candidate's availability.
- To be an active member of the school's Senior Leadership Team.
- To maintain oversight of the school's financial processes and systems, ensuring the effective management and compliance with financial regulations.
- To maintain and monitor the school's HR systems and processes
- To lead and manage the facilities team
- To ensure statutory compliance
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- To be a member of Senior Leadership Team offering financial and HR support and advice as required, impacting strategic planning and operational decisions.
- To lead and manage the school's administrative, finance and facilities team
- Manage school communications, triaging inbound mail to the office and quality assuring outbound communications
HR AND STAFFING
- Liaise with the external HR provider and headteacher to manage the school's external HR contracts, including Payroll, Occupational Health, Employee Relations, Recruitment and DBS checks, to ensure effective, compliant contract performance and value for money.
- Administer staff absence, record this and ensure follow-up procedures take place
- Maintain oversight of and support the work of the Finance (and Admissions) Officer, ensuring accuracy and compliance with finance procedures, including providing and monitoring budgets
- Ensure best value for large purchases and contracted services (eg IT, catering, cleaning)
- To take a lead on income generation
- Maintain the school's register of assets, including IT hardware and infrastructure, recording safe disposal of obsolete equipment in accordance with regulations
- Provide advice and guidance to the Headteacher, SLT and the governors' Finance & Buildings Committee in all matters relating to finance.
To apply for this full time and permanent School Business Manager role, please do not delay in contacting Bonnie from REESON ASAP. Interviews and shortlisting will be taking place within the second half of the Autumn Term, with flexibility around start date depending on the right School Business Manager candidate.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.